We're looking for a unique individual to help us maintain our innovative help desk solution, HelpSpot. In this role you will learn every nook and cranny of HelpSpot version 3 (our current release), developing bug fixes and feature enhancements.
However, there's a lot more to this role than just maintaining HelpSpot. We're currently working on an all new HelpSpot version and this position will play an important role in that process. Specifically, creating tools to help transition existing customers, building compatibility bundles, ensuring feature parity between the versions and assisting with development on version 4.
Providing amazing customer service is always our top priority. In this position, approximately 25% of your time will be spent helping our customers succeed with HelpSpot via email and sometimes phone support.
As a small software company there's always a great deal to do, so besides working on HelpSpot they'll be other critical projects such as improving our ecommerce system and implementing new designs and architectures for several of our website properties.
In this role you'll be working with everything from legacy systems to the latest hotness like Laravel, CodeIgniter, Coffeescript, LESS, loads of API's and nearly every operating system and major database platform out there. It's a position for someone eager to learn and not afraid to roll up their sleeves and pitch in.
Telecommuting is an option in this position for the right talent.
- Demonstrated programming experience.
- Broad technical curiosity.
- Self-motivated learner.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Possess the ability to be a self-directed team player.
- Ability to take a Customer-focused approach to all tasks.
Experience in some of the following preferred:
Back to Top
- SQL, including the various dialects in MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres
- Web servers, specifically IIS and Apache
- Linux, Windows and OSX
- Formalized customer service (help desk, retail)
- HelpSpot or other help desk applications