As a Technical Support Engineer for HelpSpot, our help desk software application, you’ll have the unique opportunity to directly impact the happiness and growth of our customer base by providing world-class technical support.
Our product is mission critical to our customers’ businesses. As such, the Technical Support Engineer’s role is key as an initial point of contact with all current and prospective customers.
This is a unique role for an exceptional individual with the technical chops and people skills needed to work closely with customers on challenging technical issues.
- Answer support inquiries ranging from installation to usage and optimization.
- Help on-premise customers with installation and configuration issues on Windows and Linux via email/phone/Zoom.
- Fix a HelpSpot Cloud instance that is having an SSL certificate issue.
- Document bugs and feature requests.
- Help a customer create the right ticket filter to bring up the information they need for a report to their management.
- Write product documentation.
- Assist with product testing on new releases.
- Assist with support within our family of products (Thermostat, LaraJobs, and Laracon).
- Contribute to product design meetings as a customer advocate.
- Run training sessions with customers.
- Make code changes to HelpSpot.
- Patience and empathy.
- A passion for solving challenging problems.
- A solid understanding of Windows and Linux.
- Experience with the internet stack (network, web server, application, database).
- Experience with PHP.
- Experience with B2B software and ideally using help desk software.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Knack for making technical jargon accessible.
- Have supported software using PHP/Laravel/Wordpress on Windows/Linux
- Have experience providing technical support to customers via telephone and email
- Have mastered various B2B software applications to a level where they could train others
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Are in a US or EU timezone
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $90,000
- Half-day Fridays
- 100% of the employee's medical, dental, and vision premium (US-based employees)
- Start with 3 weeks of paid time off
- 3% of your salary contributed to 401k (US-based employees)
- Top-of-the-line Apple hardware provided
- Fully remote with flexible start/end times
We are the people behind HelpSpot, LaraJobs, Laracon, Thermostat, and a few more things! We’ve been bootstrapped, profitable, and fully remote since 2005.
We’re a company of 3 full-time (soon to be 4!) and 2 part-time employees. All of us have an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude to get the job done. We all work hard on the clock but respect and offer employees an outstanding work/life balance where time off, side project work, and part-time businesses are fully supported.
We’re significant advocates for open source software and many of our products directly support the open source community.
Please apply here: https://form.typeform.com/to/WRmziv5J